Well as I mentioned in one of my other pages I go this opportunity to get set up with some Dynamat so I had to pull my ratty 40 year old interior. It was pretty shot but that is another story. Anyway, the floor pans were not to bad but bad enough that I wanted to replace them. This was also a perfect time for me to learn how to use the new mig welder that I picked up.
Out with the old, in with the new. I ordered a set of the front floor pans that went from the toe board to the end of the seat pan and seat pan risers as well. I traced out where to cut and went to town. I found that the easiest way to cut was the 4" cutter. Once everything was cut out I used self tapping screws to hold the new pans in place as tight as I could get them . Then magic hours. I learned how to weld. Had some ugly welds, some bad, welds that needed redoing, some burn through. All in all it took a few weekends to get it all right.
The hardest part was all the crappy under coating that was in there.. what a crappy dirty job. I used everything from a wire wheel to a propane torch to get it off. Enjoy the pictures.