Engine Detail Project
Well I got some goodies for my motor over the winter. With me doing so much work on the car the motor has gotten pretty dirty sitting on the engine stand all alone. A suggestion for anyone who is going to pull the motor and keep it in the garage while you do lots of dirty work. 'Put a cover over the motor'. Next time I will be sure to do that. So on to the details. I was able to pick up a nice set of aluminum valve covers, some 9mm Ford Racing plus and a wide distributor cap kit.
First thing I did was give the motor a good dusting, and used my air hose to blow out any crap that was in the nooks and crannies. Then a damp cloth did wonders with the rest of the crap. I was going to repaint the intake and the block but the paint has held up pretty well so I decided to leave it along. In addition to that, right now I really don't have the time to do the painting any way.
With the basic motor bath done I made a list of every thing that I wanted to do with the motor and what I would need for the install and after the install. Then I removed my old chrome valve covers and installed the new ones. Then the new cap was installed with the new 9 mm wires. They look great!
Last was the 'Real Cheap - Real Good' wire ties! Now I am set to install the motor. It should look pretty good in there. When the weather warms up I will polish the valve covers and the air cover. My list of things still to do is:
-new air filter
-polish all the chrome items
-new solid fuel line to the carb
The should take care of all of it. Not to bad for a couple of stress free hours in the garage.